Homes of Abbie Ellen (Beale) Morey

From the files of Stephen M. Lawson

Historic Marker  D. B. Morey Nameplate  Morey House 2003
Historic Marker, Nameplate and the Morey House 2003. Photos by Stacey Moore.

Abbie Ellen Beal (who also used the spelling Beale) was the daughter of Royal Beal and Josephine Johnson of Orfordville, Grafton Co., NH. In 1874, she married Herbert E. Morey of Malden, MA, the son of David Brown Morey and Almira Bailey. Her father-in-law was the son of Ira Morey [Register Report] and grandson of Benoni Morey [family narrative].

Included here is information on the Beal family and home in Orfordville, NH, the Morey family and home in Malden, MA, and a brief Register Report of the Beal-Morey family line. See also Selected News Articles concerning family members from Malden, MA newspapers.

The principal sources of information are the following:

  • Thanks to the Past: The Story of Orford, N. H., by Alice Doan Hodgson (1965: Orford, NH)
  • Historic Mill Sites of Orford, New Hampshire, supervised by Alice Doan Hodgson (1975: Orford, NH)
  • "The Old Morey House" from the Christian Science Monitor, July 1, 1915
  • "Architectural-Historical Survey" prepared by Bastille-Neiley, Architects, Boston, November 10, 1976
  • Above two articles and August 2003 photos shared by Stacey Moore, current resident of the Morey House
  • Kinnexions, by Stephen M. Lawson (2003 and continuing: Port Orchard, WA)


Top of Page     Freeman Family     Lines Index     Chart Index     Surnames


Beal Family and Home, Orfordville, NH

Thanks to the Past
The Story of Orford, New Hampshire

by
Alice Doan Hodgson

Published by
HISTORICAL FACT PUBLICATIONS
Orford, N. H.

Copyright by Alice Doan Hodgson, 1965

Beal Home, Orfordville
David Beal house, Orfordville. Built 1826. Burned 1937. Courtesy Mrs. Larry Love.

pp. 405-08

From the Tillotson mill site to the center of Orfordville there were no mills. Then at Orfordville more activity began on Jacob's Brook. In 1811 Dr. John Dame bought land between the road and the brook west of the present Orfordville church where he built a gristmill worth $24. In 1824 it had depreciated to $6 and Dr. Dame, then living in Lyme, sold the land and mill to David R. Beal. Dr. Dame's interests were not confined to milling and doctoring. While still in Orford in 1820 he won prizes at the Grafton County Fair for the best breeding horse and the next best piece of linen cloth, being edged out of first place by Nathaniel Mann's piece of linen cloth.

David R. Beal, to whom Dr. Dame sold his mill, came to Orford from Lyme and operated Dr. Dame's old gristmill until 1833. Four years later, in 1837, he established a chair factory worth $300 on the gristmill site. David Beal's sons, Royal and Rufus C. Beal, learned the trade from their father and the firm became known as D. R. Beal & Sons. After the death of David Beal and later of Rufus, the firm was joined by Royal Beal's son, Frank. The 1895 issue of the United Opinion says of the Beal factory, "At first the chairs were made by hand. At length a turning lathe was introduced and a large and wondering crowd of people were present to see it operate. Royal Beal was from boyhood of an inventive and original turn, and he remembers when Capt. Samuel Morey invited him to examine some of his designs. Mr. Beal was the first to discover, apply and use the band saw [in 1838 at the age of nineteen]. He took four old saws, brazed them together and used them in the same way and for the same purpose as the band saw is used today. That was before the art of spring tempering steel had been perfected, and his great difficulty was that the quality of the stock he was obliged to use was not equal to the test. He solved the principle [but was laughed out of applying for a patent and in later years was disheartened to see the band saw perfected by another who received the credit he might have had. Apparently he knew nothing of the band saw invented by the Englishman, William Newbury, in 1808]. He also invented a machine for turning chair rounds several years in advance of its use by the large manufacturers. In 1882 a disastrous fire swept out their place, including all of their valuable machinery and patterns and a large part of their stock, a total estimated loss of $10,000, which was reduced about $4,000 by insurance. They rebuilt on the same site the next year, adapting their machinery more exclusively to the manufacture of furniture. They had previously manufactured bobbins quite extensively. Some two years since, they put in machinery for the weaving and manufacture of wire beds, which they ship to various pacts of New England. They have a large retail trade in this section and their name is a guarantee of first class goods and fair dealing." The Grafton County Gazetteer of 1886 states that R. Beal & Sons' bobbin factory turned out 500,000 bobbins a year. On a night in September, 1903 fire destroyed the Beal spring and mattress factory under the proprietorship of Royal Beal's sons, Frank J. and Fenner L. Beal.  Thus ended the Beal enterprises in Orfordville. The model of Royal Beal's band saw was in the possession of his son, Fenner L. Beal, in 1915.

In 1826, soon after coming to Orfordville, David Beal purchased property adjoining his mill site from Daniel Tillotson, Jr., and built a new house whose exterior was faced with wooden panels measuring 18 by 24 inches and giving the impression of stone blocks. Two tall columns extending above the second story and supporting a small portico were made of solid wood. The upstairs front room was used as a large music room and equipped with a pipe organ from Boston. People came from miles around to hear concerts by the musical Beal family. A band organized in the late 1800's was sponsored by the Beal family and performed from the Orfordville bandstand. Fenner Beal was at one time a music dealer in Boston. His sister, Abbie Ellen Beal, was an accomplished musician. At the age of four she was playing passages from one of Palestrina's masses. At eleven she took over the duties of the father, Royal Beal, as church organist at Orfordville. Later she studied music in Boston under James W. Hill. In 1874 she married Herbert E. Morey, a well-to-do business man of Malden and with him went to Africa, Asia and Europe in 1877. A fifty four page letter was sent to the Franklin family in Orfordville from Abbie E. B. Morey dated January 20th, '77 at Munich, Bavaria. She tells a fascinating story of Cairo, of pyramids and mosques, of tropical sun and sand in which their carriage wheels sank nearly to the hubs. She tells of a six hour steamer ride by canal from Ismalia to Port Said. "Of course," she says, "we must always sing, and sing we did for two or three hours." Embarking the next day for "Joppa", they arrived to find the "so-called streets" of this place in miserable shape. "Street in Joppa," says Abbie, "is only another name for sewer ... I can assure you it would have been out of the question for us to have made the tour of the town unprovided with strong smelling salts." The letter also tells of beautiful and strange sights, of a tour on horseback through Palestine, of resting after luncheon "comfortably rolled up in a rug, Moslem fashion, on the ground", of Jerusalem and Bethlehem, of wading in the Dead Sea and being nearly taken off her feet by the buoyancy of the water. The last pages of the letter are written at Leipzig, Germany, where she was to "commence [music] lessons immediately." The trip was the first of several visits to Europe where she studied theory under such teachers as Reinecke and Kullak. She organized and directed a choral group and orchestra in Boston. Their successful concerts earned her the distinction of being the first woman conductor of music in America. Five children were born to Abbie and Herbert Morey. Abbie, not wanting to neglect her family, refused all offers for extended concert tours. She gave organ recitals for churches in and near Boston and trained advanced music students at her own studio.

The Beal home in Orfordville was destined to degenerate in its use during the last years of its existence, long after the Beal ownership. In the prohibition era its owner reputedly, or ill-reputedly, sold bootleg liquor to the public, as well as another commodity better left unnamed. The house was destroyed by fire in November, 1927. Another house, moved to the property from across the road, is today the home of Mr. and Mrs. Richard C. Butman. There are no Beals now living in Orford, although Mrs. Evelyn Beal owns a house on Dame Hill standing empty and for sale. It is the first house on the left going up the hill and was built in 1817 by Ezekiel Bailey, tanner. Mrs. Beal has in her possession some chairs from the old Beal factory and a basket in which the first mail was brought to Orfordville.


Historic Mill Sites
of
Orford, New Hampshire

Marked by
Orford High School Students

PARTICIPATING TEACHER
Mary E. Litton

Under the supervision of Alice Doan Hodgson,
Chairman, Orford Committee of the American
Revolution Bicentennial.

Alice Doan Hodgson, Copyright 1975
Beal Mattress Stuffer
Beal machine for stuffing mattresses.

pp. 20-21

No. 13  Gristmill built in 1811 by Dr. John Dame was between the road (Rt. 25A) through Orfordville and the brook, west of the present Orfordville church. Its value had depreciated from $24 to $6 in 1824 when Dr. Dame, then living in Lyme, sold the mill to David R. Beal who operated the gristmill until 1833. In 1837 he established a chair factory on the gristmill site. At first the chairs were made by hand. When a turning lathe was installed, a large and wondering crowd of people reportedly were present to see it operate. Beal's son, Royal, had an inventive mind. In 1838 at the age of nineteen, he fashioned a band saw by brazing together four old saws. He was laughed out of applying for a patent and did not receive the credit for the invention. The model for his band saw was in the possession of his son, Fenner L. Beal, in 1915. He also invented a machine for turning chair rounds before the process was in general use. After the death of his father, Royal Beal carried on the business in partnership with his son, Frank. In 1882 a fire destroyed their factory with its machinery, patterns and much of their stock at a loss of $10,000. They rebuilt on the same site the next year and specialized in manufacturing furniture, but also turned out about 500,000 bobbins a year. In 1893 they installed machinery for making wire bedsprings and mattresses. On a night in September, 1903, fire destroyed the Beal factory under the proprietorship of Royal's sons, Frank J. and Fenner L. Beal.

p. 23

The dwelling house built by Stephen Cushman in 1818 stands on the south side of Rt. 25A about opposite the Orfordville church. In 1855 Cushman sold land to the Town for a Town House which was built that year at a cost of $1,474. In 1894 Frank J. Beal made settees for the building at a cost of $71.40. In 1915 appropriations of $1,200 had been made over a period of two years which, according to an Orford historian of that time, were used to improve the Town Hall, as it is known today, making it "attractive and comfortable." The Beal settees have recently been removed from the building and folding chairs put in their place.


Top of Page     Freeman Family     Lines Index     Chart Index     Surnames


Morey Family and Home, Malden, MA

Morey Home, Malden Morey Signatures
Morey House (1845), 34 Hillside Avenue, Malden, MA
Architectural-Historical Survey - 10 Nov 1976
by Bastille-Neiley, Architects, Boston, MA
After 118 years in the Morey family, the home was
sold in Feb. 1963 by Hilda E. Morey, her brother
David Beale Morey and his wife Mildred E. Morey

THE OLD MOREY HOUSE
[From the Malden Historical Society]

(Probably written by Walter K. Watkins, a member of this Society and a resident of Hillside Avenue.
It was printed [July 1, 1915] in the Christian Science Monitor.)

Built by a philanthropist whose hand was always extended to the unfortunate, notably ex-convicts, many of whom were In his employ, the Morey house on Hillside Avenue, Malden — first of the residences erected in that part of the town — afterward figured prominently as a meeting place for groups of abolitionists and became one of the "way stations" on the "underground railway" where runaway slaves were concealed until they could start again toward Canada.

This old house, standing as it does on an eminence high above the street, commands attention by its very location. Flights of stone steps lead to the front and the side doors, and any one who has climbed those steps and entered has had a story worth the telling.

When the house was erected 70 years or more ago, the owner gave instructions that it was to be built "so that it would stand"; and the way in which the structure has stood the test is proof that his orders were faithfully obeyed. A wooden building, it appears to be as substantial inside and out as on the day the owner took possession.

Many years ago one Timothy Bailey, first president of the Malden bank, and at that time one of the wealthiest men in the city, had a daughter Elmira whom be disinherited because she insisted on marrying a young man of the Universalist faith. This young man was David B. Morey, and leaving the home of abundance, the bride and bridegroom went to housekeeping in simple fashion in Charlestown. Mr. Morey's business was the manufacture of Britannia ware. But it was more than that, for he saved many a man from despair and set him on the road to a useful career. In the shop many of the employees were men who had been in prison; in fact, at one time practically all the employees were ex-convicts. The theory, upon which Mr. Morey acted in taking them in was that these men were not hopelessly bad but had only been unfortunate, and that if they were given a chance to get on their feet again as soon as they were out of prison their future years might be those of honor and usefulness.

That the employees were appreciative was evidenced by the prosperity of the business. After a time David Morey was in a position financially to build a home of his own, and then the house in Malden was erected. It was a roomy, comfortable looking structure with a veranda across the front that could be entered from the parlors through long French windows. While there was nothing pretentious about the house and no attempt was made at ornate decoration, it had an impressive dignity indicating that the owner was a person of importance in the community. Standing alone, as it did then, it readily served as a landmark, and on account of Its lofty position, it could be readily pointed out from a distance. All this became of special importance in connection with the abolition movement, which was then agitating men and women alike, and in which, from the first, the Moreys had felt a particular interest.

Close acquaintance with such men as William Lloyd Garrison, Parker Pillsbury and Wendell Phillips served to strengthen the anti-slavery sentiments both Mr. Morey and his wife had early cherished. At the time Phillips made his remarkable speech in old Music hall, Boston, Mrs. Morey was one of the phalanx of women who formed a cordon around him, thereby enabling him to escape from the building in safety.

Being of such pronounced anti-slavery views, it was only natural that the Moreys should take an active part in everything calculated to forward the cause of the abolitionists, and the house in Malden came to be used as a meeting place. Slaves were received here and hidden in the cellar until thy could be passed on to the home of Harriet Beecher Stowe at Andover. Their timid, peculiar knock on the door and their passwords were familiar sounds to the Morey household.

It chanced that about 1800 David Morey was visiting a friend in Orford, N. H. The home in which he was a guest had among its attractions, a music hall which contained pianos, stringed and wind instruments, and whose capacious proportions and domed ceiling afforded space for a pipe organ, which was considered the glory of the establishment. It was the custom of the family to gather in this room at eventide for music, performers upon the various instruments being found in the home circle. Impressed by the talent of a daughter of the family, Mr. Morey said to his host, "You have a large family and I have only one son. Lend me your daughter Ellen and let her come to live with us and study music." This appeared such an excellent opportunity for the young girl, who in common with other members of the family was exceedingly fond of music and had learned to play when but a tiny child, that the father gave his consent. Afterwards in true story-book fashion, Ellen married Mr. Morey's son. For years she has been known as Mme. Beale Morey, and it is this Madame Morey and her family who now occupy the house on Hillside Avenue.

How clearly I recall those days in the early '70's, Madame tells visitors, "when I used to listen in open-eyed wonder to the discussions that went on under this roof. The great thinkers of the day came to our house as a matter of course. Bronson Alcott held many of his conferences here. Other visitors were John M. Spear, Samuel Longfellow, David Warson, Lucretia Mott, Margaret Fuller, Lydia Maria Child and John Weiss. They used to discuss the very subjects that are uppermost in the world's thought today — woman suffrage, peace and temperance."

Of her own life since then Madame has many a tale to tell, for she has traveled from the Arctic circle to Biskara in the Great desert, making her home alternately with the fisher folk of the North sea and with England's aristocracy, with the Swiss peasants of the Alps and in the Rhine castles; in the tents of the Bedouin Arabs and the royal palaces of Egypt, yet she always has regarded the colonial house of her childhood and that built by her father-in-law as her real home. She claims the distinction of having been the first woman conductor in the world and made her debut in this role at a concert In the old city hall at Malden with Bernard Listermann, then concert master of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, as first violin. This was in the early '80's, and people shook their heads at the idea of a woman manipulating a baton in public; but with the demonstration of ability came abundant success, and Madame Morey since then has held continuously the positIon of conductor and organist in some of the finest churches in Boston and its suburbs. Her student life was with Junius W. Heill of Boston, and afterward with the best teachers In Boston, since which time she has filled engagements in England, France, Italy and Germany.

Though in structure the Morey house is pretty much the same today as what it was built, it has been beautified with changes and additions made by the present occupant and enriched with treasures gathered in her travels. In several of the rooms there are reminders of the past, rubbIng elbows, as it were, with modern furniture and works of art. Nearly everything has a story connected with it. The copper Etruscan vase and bowl on the piano stand beside a large seven candle-stick candelabrum brought from a Greek church. — The Aegean sea scene which constitutes the upper half of the lofty oak mantle, is a conventionalized Alma-Tadema group. The great painting opposite, entitled "Night" is by Frank H. Collins, a graduate of the Beaux Arts, Paris, and now of New York, and represents a bit of scenery in Madame Morey's native town. On an Inlaid Chippendale table in one corner the first funds of the Malden bank were counted.

In the hall hang three unusual treasures — a net from old Hastings-by-the-Sea, once used in saving lives on the English channel, a tapestry by Gobelin, and a mirror which came from the boudoir of Marie Antoinette. The wall paper in the room beyond is the original paper put on when the house was built. It came from London, and its mazarine blue and shades of gray seem to have faded not a whit in all the intervening years. The fireplace in this room is of Egyptian marble. Another inlaid table of attractive design takes the observer back to olden days and is treasured as that around which the "wise men" and women of half a century ago were wont to gather as they discussed the vital problems of humanity.

Top of Page Freeman Family Lines Index Chart Index Surnames


Beal-Morey Family Line

Brief Register Report - 13 September 2007

First Generation

1. David R. BEAL. Born in 1789 in Lyme, Grafton Co., NH. Died in 1870 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Occupation: Furniture maker as D. R. Beal & Sons. Census Locations: 1860 Orford, Grafton Co., NH.

He married Abigail CARVER, daughter of Rufus CARVER (14 Dec 1754-1838) & Priscilla CUMMINGS (-9 Jul 1832), in 1812 in Brandon, Rutland Co., VT. Born in 1788 in Deerfield, Franklin Co., MA. Died abt 1862 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Children:
     i.  David R.
    ii.  Gustavia 'Augusta'. Born on 30 Dec 1813 in VT. Census Locations: Living with parents in 1860.
   iii.  Rufus C. Born on 16 Dec 1816 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Died in 1862 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Census Locations: Living with parents in 1860.
  2 iv.  Royal (1818-1910)
     v.  Fanny K. Born on 3 Sep 1820 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. She married Sylvester BLOOD, son of Stephen BLOOD (3 May 1762-Jan 1840) & Bethiah COLE (1764-27 Aug 1838). Born on 25 Sep 1791 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Census Locations: 1860 1870 Orford, Grafton Co., NH.
    vi.  Schuyler. Born on 15 Apr 1822 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Died on 12 Feb 1823 in Lyme, Grafton Co., NH.
   vii.  Abigail J. Born in 1825 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH.

Second Generation

2. Royal BEAL (David R. 1). Born on 19 Apr 1818 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Died in 1910 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Occupation: Bobbin and furniture maker as R. Beal & Sons. Royal, wife and oldest two children lived in home of his parents in 1860. Census Locations: 1860 Orford, Grafton Co., NH.

He married Josephine JOHNSON, daughter of Frank Phelps JOHNSON (19 May 1805-26 Aug 1842) & Eleanor Ford STEVENS (18 Mar 1806-2 May 1892), on 6 Nov 1849 in Grafton Co., NH. Born on 26 Apr 1829 in Newbury, Orange Co., VT. The JOHNSON lineage back to immigrant Thomas JOHNSON appears in HISTORY OF NEWBURY, VERMONT, by Frederic Palmer Wells (1902), pp. 586-92. Children:
  3   i.  Abbie Ellen (1850-1931)
     ii.  Georgiana. Born on 2 Jun 1856 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. She married Abram WASHBURN.
  4 iii.  Frank J. (1860-)
     iv.  Rufus C. Born on 2 Mar 1863 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Died on 7 Feb 1876 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH.
      v.  Fenner LeRoy. Born on 29 Mar 1867 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Occupation: Music dealer in Boston. He married Alfaretta L. McCLELLAN. Born in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Third Generation

3. Abbie Ellen BEALE (Royal BEAL 2, David R. 1). Born on 11 Aug 1850 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Died on 1 Jun 1931 in Brookline, Norfolk Co., MA. Buried on 4 Jun 1931 in Forest Dale Cem., Malden, MA. Occupation: Musician (1900 1920 censuses), organist, conductor, music teacher (1870 1910 censuses), lecturer. Living in 1870 in the David B. Morey household at age 19 as a Music Teacher. As Madame Morey, she gave a talk on "The Promulgation of Universal Peace" on 29 August 1912 at her home at 34 Hillside Avenue, Malden, MA, concerning the Bahai faith. Abbie indicated she had five children, all living in 1900 and four living in 1910.

She married Herbert Elias MOREY, son of David Brown MOREY (6 May 1812-31 Mar 1885) & Almira V. BAILEY (6 Sep 1819-25 Jan 1903), in 1874. Born on 1 Apr 1848 in MA. Died on 22 Mar 1925 in Malden, Middlesex Co., MA. Buried in Forest Dale Cem., Malden, MA. Occupation: 1880 Bookkeeping; 1900 Dealer in Antiques; 1910 Numismatist; 1920 Coin Dealer. 1872 graduate of MA Agricultural College. In 1880, Herbert, Abbie and daughter Eleanor were living in his parents dwelling as a separate household. Described in 1895 as "a middle-aged rather quiet man wearing spectacles and has the air of a schoolmaster". In 1900, his mother Almira and Abbie's cousin, Anna K. Blaisdell (widow, born Nov. 1853, VT, Artist), lived in his home, with Anna also living in his household in 1910. The 1908 Malden Directory gives his business address as 31 Exchange, Boston. Residence in 1916 was 34 Hillside Ave., Malden, MA. Herbert was a numismatist at 26 Portland St., Boston, from 1895 to 1916. Census Locations: 1920 1910 1900 Malden, Middlesex Co., MA. Children:
     i.  Ada. For the 1900 and 1910 censuses, her mother indicated she had five children, apparently not including Ada. If Ada was a child, perhaps she was stillborn or died soon after birth.
  5 ii.  Eleanor S. (1879-)
   iii.  Ernest Manuel. Born on 3 Feb 1882 in Malden, Middlesex Co., MA. Died on 12 Mar 1902 in Malden, Middlesex Co., MA. He was never married. Died at age 20 years, 1 month, 9 days from an article dated Mar. 12, 1902. Survived by two brothers and two sisters.
    iv.  Hilda E. Born in Apr 1884 in Malden, Middlesex Co., MA. Died aft Feb 1963. Occupation: 1920 Musician. She was never married.  Listed in the 1950 Malden City Directory as age 64, living at 34 Hillside Ave.
     v.  David Beale. Born on 25 Feb 1889 in Malden, Middlesex Co., MA. Died on 4 Jan 1986 in Oak Bluffs, Dukes Co., MA. Occupation: 1920 High School Teacher. Played baseball for the Philadelphia Athletics for one season in 1913 as a pitcher in 2 games (first game July 4, 1913) for 4 innings, with an ERA of 4.5, giving up 2 hits and 2 bases on balls, with one strike out. He had no hit in one at bat. He pitched right handed and batted left handed. Height 6 foot, weight 185 in 1913. Census Locations: 1920 Everett, Middlesex Co., MA. He married Mildred E.. Born on 13 Jan 1896. Died in Feb 1981 in Oak Bluffs, Dukes Co., MA.
  6 vi.  Laura C. (1890-)

4. Frank J. BEAL (Royal 2, David R. 1). Born on 11 Nov 1860 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. Died in Orford, Grafton Co., NH. He married Elizabeth L. AVERY, abt 1887 in Grafton Co., NH. Born in 1863 in NH. Child:
    i.  Ruth B. Born abt 1892 in Orford, Grafton Co., NH.

Fourth Generation

5. Eleanor S. MOREY (Abbie Ellen BEALE 3, Royal BEAL 2, David R. 1). Born in 1879 in MA. Lived in Boston, MA in 1925, with surname of COTTRELL. All family information, other than the preceding note, Eleanor's information is based on the assumption the the 1920 census record is for the family of the daughter of Herbert Morey. The 1920 census gives her name as Elinore, age 40, born in MA, with parents born in MA and NH.

She married Arthur COTTRELL. Born in 1866 in MA. Occupation: 1920 Building Superintendent. Both parents born in MA Census Locations: 1920 Boston, Suffolk Co., MA. Child:
    i.  Edward (1908-)

6. Laura C. MOREY (Abbie Ellen BEALE 3, Royal BEAL 2, David R. 1). Born in Jun 1890 in Malden, Middlesex Co., MA. A student in 1908. Laura's age is given as 28 in 1920 census. Lived at Long Beach, CA in 1925.

She married Charles E. D'ANGELO. Born in 1884 in Italy. Occupation: 1920 Farm Poultryman. Immigrant from Italy in 1889 and naturalized in 1893. Both parents born in Italy. Census Locations: 1920 Burnett, Long Beach Twp., Los Angeles Co., CA. Children:
     i.  David S. (1914-)
    ii.  Earnest
   iii.  Gloria Ellen (~1928-)

Stephen M. Lawson
Port Orchard, WA 98366


Kinnexions    Freeman Family    Site Contents    Surnames    Contact Info

Modified: 9/11/07